Friday, February 4, 2011

Star Polyps, Frog Spawn, and Mushrooms Oh My!

So, we broke down. It was inevitable that it would happen, that there in the shiny warm confines of our LFS our conviction would falter and we would be overcome by the need to purchase a new coral…or three. So we have added a blue Mushroom, a Frog Spawn (which I have wanted for some time), and a green Star Polyp. I wonder if there is a Coral Addicts Anonymous group that we could join? Although I think that may be counterproductive as we would probably end up going out and buying more coral hearing other addicts talk about their recent acquisitions.

Our ill fated Flowerpot moved on to a new home, and I hope that it is happy and content in that tank (as it clearly hated ours). I have made the executive decision that we will never purchase one again. The guilt would run too deep for me to handle.

We will be ordering a blue tuxedo urchin to rule over the Jeffery in the tank, who have been eating each other quite regularly, and a few more have been reproducing. Perverts the whole lot of them; spawning in our aquarium as if it’s some penny corner brothel.

I am hoping to get a few pictures up soon to show off the growth we have had, and I want to get a page listed with books and other tools that we have acquired and enjoy using for the tank. I am hoping that we will have more growth, seeing that I am an impatient woman, and that soon our rocks will be festooned with coral.

No comments:

Post a Comment