Sunday, December 19, 2010

Asterina Anomala

There's always a silver lining.  We went to the fish store to pick up some more live rock and deal with the lights, just ten pounds, so not much.  I wanted a few small decorative pieces so that I could make the tier prettier. 

I of course knocked down the entire column and had to rebuild it four times until it was something that I wanted to look at.  While waiting for the water to clear up so that I could tweak said column and (probably) ruin it again I noticed our first hitchhikers on the glass:  Asterina Anomala's.  Considering they're so fricking cute we're keeping the two and well aware there are probably more.

I also found and frantically showed to Frank, and we can't decide if it's a sponge or an SPS coral that we have hitchhiking behind another piece of rock.  Our only worry is that it's stark white (bleached by the store on accident?) and could be dead.

Either way, I am happy to have destroyed my column to find our first stowaways.

The second I hit post I noticed we also have a tiny clam!  Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment